National Commodore’s Vision Statement
The United States Coast Guard Auxiliary – the best trained most valued maritime volunteer organization in the world – highly effective during normal operations and ready for emergencies.
- To promote and improve Recreational Boating Safety
- To provide a diverse array of specialized skills, trained crews, and capable facilities to augment the Coast Guard and enhance safety and security of our ports, waterways, and coastal regions
- To support Coast Guard operational, administrative, and logistical requirements
The Coast Guard Auxiliary Core Values
- Honor – Integrity is our standard. We demonstrate uncompromising ethical conduct and moral behavior in all of our personal and organizational actions. We are loyal and accountable to the public trust.
- Respect – We value our diverse membership. We treat each other and those we serve with fairness, dignity, respect, and compassion. We encourage individual opportunity and growth. We encourage creativity through empowerment. We work as a team.
- Devotion to Duty – We are volunteers who seek responsibility, accept accountability, and are committed to the successful achievement of our organizational goals. We exist to serve. We serve with pride.
- Leadership The Auxiliary as an organization will rise and fall with leadership. Training effective leaders will be a top priority.
- Initiative Auxiliarists, by the very nature of their volunteerism, are motivated persons. The Auxiliary will provide an environment that allows members to exhibit disciplined initiative.
- Innovation The Auxiliary will continue to develop new and better means and processes to provide a more diverse portfolio of services to the Coast Guard, other partners, and the citizens of the United States.